Friday 8 May 2015

Words of Power





"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." (Proverbs 18:21, KJV)

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63, KJV)


There are quite a number of scriptures on 'Words' and their 'Power-carrying' capacity which humans, though having been told about this power, still do not realise. Why do I say this? Well, when a person knows the use of a thing, he or she comfortably and confidently executes its usage with not so much as a drop of sweat. There is no unsurity on how, when or where to use it, neither is there ignorance at any one point on its usage. Unfortunately, in the case of many (including Christians who've extensively been taught about this power), ignorance sits atop the throne of the hearts and minds of many, and thus regardless of impact, words are spoken anyhow!


Many wonder why they pray so much but nothing seems to work out for them though they may have the faith-and-all required. When it comes to words, faith alone is never enough... wisdom of speech is keen. It is so sadly true that we singlehandedly destroy the beautiful things God is creating through us, in us, by others around us in the lives of as many jus' by the negativity of our words. Then, we have the nerve to wonder why things are not working as we would them. We speak life and then turn around and with the same tongue, cancel that life by speaking negative. The worst being that not jus' ourselves but others are affected too. This is rather very sad and well... pathetic! It saddens God as well because we prevent Him from bringing to fruition His real good plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11, KJV - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.").


We being made in the Image and Likeness of God Almighty can do as He did at the beginning of time - Create! ...or do the exact direct opposite - Destroy! At the commencement of all things God spoke and things came to be, so we too can speak and cause change. Which kind of change though are we willing to create? ...a positive or negative one?? Again, we being made in the express image and likeness of God means we are natured like God and thus things occur for us similarly to the way they would if they originated from Him. That result being our words going out to accomplish what they've been sent to... either consciously or unconsciously spoken; "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55:11, KJV)


Unfortunately unconsciously, we transfer negative forces from ourselves to other people who come into contact with us. "My life is a mess", "Nothing works for me", "I can do nothing", "I am weak", "I cannot accomplish anything" are some of the declarations we make, sadly enough, with such comfort rather than we should with these here life 'instillers': "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", "I shall live and not die", "I am the head and not the tail", "I know that all things will work together for my good (Romans 8:28, KJV)".


Be careful with your words... they are powerful enough to cause life or death!



 ~ yoyo
~ inspiredwordz
~ May 8, 2015 ; 7:21 am

No comments:

Post a Comment